Upcoming Meetings and Events
See Meeting and Event Notices page for a complete list.
Next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 25, 2017, 6 p.m. at the Newport High School Library, 322 NE Eads St., Newport. Topic: Health Care for All Oregon – universal health care. Speaker: Bruce Thomson, M.D.
Networking Group / Social Time – Thurs. Aug. 3, 2017, 6 p.m. at Apple Tree – 1605 North Coast Hwy, Newport. A time to relax and socialize. Beginning in August, we will network/socialize at Apple Tree on the 1st Thursday of every month, and at Bier One on the 3rd Thursday.
Summer Picnic – Sun. Aug. 13, 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at Toledo Pavilion Park, Port of Toledo – 496 NE Hwy 20, Toledo. Potluck – bring your own drinks; alcohol is OK.
About CENTRAL OREGON COAST NOW
The Central Oregon Coast Chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW) takes action locally through intersectional grassroots activism to promote feminist ideals, lead societal change, eliminate discrimination, and achieve and protect the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, and economic life.
Members of Central Oregon Coast NOW are automatically members of the Oregon Chapter and the National Organization for Women. Most, but not all!, of our members reside in Lincoln County, Oregon. We welcome anyone to join us who is interested in achieving our goals. Our meetings are always open to the general public.
The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest feminist action organization in the United States. NOW’S priority issues include: Constitutional Equality Amendment, Reproductive Rights, Racism, LGBTQIA Rights, Violence Against Women, and Economic Justice. The Central Oregon Coast NOW addresses these issues locally.
To JOIN, click here to join Central Oregon Coast NOW (local membership also includes membership to the state chapter and at the national level) or click “Membership Application” on the menu above.
For more information: email@example.com
Central Oregon Coast NOW wishes to acknowledge Women Supportive Businesses. These are businesses that have shown their support of women and girls by donating to Central Oregon Coast NOW. Please support these businesses!
If you wish to support what we do your donations to our Foundation are greatly appreciated! Donations to the Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation (a 501(c)3 organization) are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Support the Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation by shopping at: smile.amazon.com/ch/47-3770409
Feminist Planning Calendar
Below are some important dates throughout the year for your chapter to organize around.
• January: Anniversary of Roe v. Wade (22nd)
• February: Black History Month
• March: Women’s History Month, International Women’s Day (8th), National Abortion Provider Appreciation Day (10th)
• April: Sexual Assault Awareness Month
• May: Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, Equal Pay Day
• June: National NOW Conference, Anniversary of Title IX (23rd), LGBTQ Pride Month
• July: Begin organizing for Elections
• August: Women’s Equality Day (26th)
• September: National Hispanic Heritage Month, Labor Day
• October: Day of the Girl, Love Your Body Day, National Disability Employment Awareness Month, Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• November: Election Day, Black Friday (28th), Native American Heritage Month
• December: Start planning for next year!