Upcoming Meetings and Events
See Meeting and Event Notices page for a complete list.
COC NOW General Meeting – Tues. Sept. 26, 2017, 6:00pm – 8:00pm (meets 4th Tuesday of every month except December) – Newport High School Library (Boone Center) – 322 NE Eads St., Newport.
This meeting will include a presentation and discussion with Amber Rose Dullea, M.A., M.Div., author of a new book: From OW to WOW. Amber Rose has established her successful practice of assisting healing to those dealing with pain with her own compassion, experience, and wisdom. She recently moved to Lincoln County from Portland and has a radio program on KYAQ, “Living Your Wow,” at 12:30 on Monday. Her website is: www.thrivingwithpain.com.
It is sure to be an interesting and informative discussion, open to all. We will meet at the Newport High School Library on September 26 at 6:00 p.m. Amber Rose Dullea will being her presentation at 6:40.
About CENTRAL OREGON COAST NOW
The Central Oregon Coast Chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW) takes action locally through intersectional grassroots activism to promote feminist ideals, lead societal change, eliminate discrimination, and achieve and protect the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, and economic life.
Members of Central Oregon Coast NOW are automatically members of the Oregon Chapter and the National Organization for Women. Most, but not all!, of our members reside in Lincoln County, Oregon. We welcome anyone to join us who is interested in achieving our goals. Our meetings are always open to the general public.
The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest feminist action organization in the United States. NOW’S priority issues include Constitutional Equality Amendment, Reproductive Rights, Racism, LGBTQIA Rights, Violence Against Women, and Economic Justice. The Central Oregon Coast NOW addresses these issues locally.
To join, go to the Join NOW! page of the national NOW website and choose our chapter under Chapter Affiliation:
Local membership also includes membership to the state chapter and at the national level.
For more information, email: email@example.com
If you wish to support what we do, your donations to our Foundation are greatly appreciated!
Donations to the Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation (a 501(c)3 organization) are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Support the Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation by shopping at: smile.amazon.com/ch/47-3770409Feminist Planning Calendar
Below are some important dates throughout the year for your chapter to organize around.• January: Anniversary of Roe v. Wade (22nd)
• February: Black History Month
• March: Women’s History Month, International Women’s Day (8th), National Abortion Provider Appreciation Day (10th)
• April: Sexual Assault Awareness Month
• May: Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, Equal Pay Day
• June: National NOW Conference, Anniversary of Title IX (23rd), LGBTQ Pride Month
• July: Begin organizing for Elections
• August: Women’s Equality Day (26th)
• September: National Hispanic Heritage Month, Labor Day
• October: Day of the Girl, Love Your Body Day, National Disability Employment Awareness Month, Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• November: Election Day, Black Friday (28th), Native American Heritage Month
• December: Start planning for next year!