See our Endorsements for the November 6, 2018 Election.
NOW Meetings and Events
- Central Oregon Coast NOW Celebration Planning Meeting – Mon., Sept. 24, 3:30 pm – Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St., Newport
- Central Oregon Coast NOW General Meeting – Tues., Sept. 25, 6:00 pm – Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St., Newport – The program will feature Toby Winn, Director of Neighbors for Kids, and other child care professionals to address Lincoln County’s shortage of licensed child care and possible solutions.
- Central Oregon Coast NOW General Meeting – Wed., Oct. 17, 6:00 pm – Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St., Newport (Note that the date was changed from Oct. 23 to avoid a conflict with the Candidates Forum.)
- Celebration of Women: Celebrating Women Who Lead – Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation – Sun., Nov. 11, 2018, 2 to 4 pm – Newport Performing Arts Center, 777 W. Olive St., Newport
- Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation and Board Meetings – Mon., Nov. 26, 5:30 pm – Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St., Newport (Note that the date was changed from Nov. 12, when the library is closed for the Veterans Day holiday.)
- Climate Change on the Central Coast – Wed., Sept. 19, 7:00 pm – Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St., Newport
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention – Thurs., Oct. 18, 5:30 to 7:30 pm – Center for Health Education, 740 SW Ninth St, Newport – Free seminar. Registration is recommended by calling 541-574-4954.
- Candidates Forum – Tues., Oct. 23, 6:00 PM (set up) to 10:00 PM (clean-up) – Atonement Lutheran Church, 2315 North Coast Highway, Newport
- Election Day – Vote !!!!!! Tues., Nov. 6
Our Mailing Address: Central Oregon Coast NOW, PO Box 114, Newport, OR 97365
Our Email Address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Central Oregon Coast NOW
The Central Oregon Coast Chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW) takes action locally through intersectional grassroots activism to promote feminist ideals, lead societal change, eliminate discrimination, and achieve and protect the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, and economic life.
Members of Central Oregon Coast NOW are automatically members of the Oregon Chapter and the National Organization for Women. Most, but not all!, of our members reside in Lincoln County, Oregon. We welcome anyone to join us who is interested in achieving our goals. Our meetings are always open to the general public.
The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest feminist action organization in the United States. NOW’S priority issues include Constitutional Equality Amendment, Reproductive Rights, Racism, LGBTQIA Rights, Violence Against Women, and Economic Justice. The Central Oregon Coast NOW addresses these issues locally.
You can make equality a reality for women and girls in the United States and around the world. Payment of your dues will make you a member of Central Oregon Coast NOW, Oregon NOW, and the National Organization for Women.
To become a member, print and mail in an application form with your personal check.
MAIL-IN APPLICATION (required if you are a new member or you are renewing and paying sliding-scale dues):
Local membership also includes membership to the state chapter and at the national level.
For more information, email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are already a member and are renewing your membership (at the $40 level), please renew at:
Renew Your NOW Membership or Rejoin
- Fill out the form ($40 for Oregon), choosing our chapter from the Chapter Affiliation dropdown menu.
To Donate to our Foundation
By Credit Card:
If you wish to support what we do, your donations to our Foundation are greatly appreciated!
Donations to the Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation (a 501(c)3 organization) are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Through Amazon Smile:
Below are some important dates throughout the year for your chapter to organize around.
• January: Anniversary of Roe v. Wade (22nd)
• February: Black History Month
• March: Women’s History Month, International Women’s Day (8th), National Abortion Provider Appreciation Day (10th)
• April: Sexual Assault Awareness Month
• May: Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, Equal Pay Day
• June: National NOW Conference, Anniversary of Title IX (23rd), LGBTQ Pride Month
• July: Begin organizing for Elections
• August: Women’s Equality Day (26th)
• September: National Hispanic Heritage Month, Labor Day
• October: Day of the Girl, Love Your Body Day, National Disability Employment Awareness Month, Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• November: Election Day, Black Friday (28th), Native American Heritage Month
• December: Start planning for next year!