This is a perfect time to spring clean your jewelry box, closet, and trinket bowls to consider donations to the annual BeJeweled event. There are many places to buy jewelry in Lincoln County, but there is nothing else like the dazzling BeJeweled sale. All jewelry sold is from donation and is accepted in any condition. All donations are tax deductible.
A team of volunteers sorts and evaluates the jewelry for estate quality, vintage, bling, costume, and everyday categories. Beads and beading accessories, craft supplies and books, watches, jewelry boxes, and displays are welcome. Grab bags are made from pieces needing repair, single earrings, and odds and ends. A once-loved treasure can become someone else’s find, and the donor can contribute to a good cause.
Money raised at BeJeweled purchases food for disadvantaged families, seniors, and individuals having a tough time. Food Share Lincoln County works with a network of partner agencies like pantries, meal sites, backpack programs, senior outreach, and youth programs. Now celebrating its 11th year, BeJeweled will be held on Saturday, May 19, 2018, from 9am to 3pm, at the Samaritan Center for Health Education, 740 SW 9th St., Newport.
Jewelry and other items for BeJeweled may be dropped off at these locations:
- Food Share of Lincoln County
- Nye Cottage Beads
- Newport 60+ Center
- Diamonds by the Sea, Newport
- Newport Chamber of Commerce
- Lincoln City Cultural Center Gift Shop
- Samaritan N. Lincoln Hospital, Ann Shupe
- Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, Newport, Melissa Coogan
- Oregon Coast Bank – all branches
- Columbia Bank – all branches
- Allstate Insurance – Newport office