What: Jon Ruiz, “A Home for Everyone”
When: Saturday, May 18, 1:30–3:30 p.m.
Where: St. Stephen Episcopal Church, 414 SW Ninth Street (corner of Ninth and Hurbert)
A Home for Everyone
A Free Public Forum on Eugene’s Plan for
Sheltering the Unsheltered
Jon Ruiz, Eugene City Manager
—Speaker and Discussion Moderator—
Mr. Ruiz will discuss Eugene & Lane County’s implementation of a comprehensive new plan to shelter the chronically unhoused. The plan includes…
- Rapid re-housing for families and individuals in crisis
- Robust supportive services–counseling,
job training, drug and alcohol treatment
- A new 75-bed public shelter, open all year
- Many more units of supportive housing
- Improved management of landlords of low-cost housing
- Expansion and improvement of existing programs
- Increased shelter space for unhoused Veterans
- Shelter for youth with unstable housing
The forum will bring together Lincoln County civic authorities, housing activists and service providers to learn about Eugene’s new plan and consider the programs and services for the unsheltered here on the Central Coast.
The Canterbury Forum
Visit us on Facebook: Central Coast Canterbury Forum
Saturday, May 18th, 1:30–3:30 p.m.
St. Stephen Episcopal Church
414 SW Ninth Street, Newport