The Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation was formed by the Central Oregon Coast NOW Chapter in 2015 as a separate charitable (501(c)3) organization. “Why?” you may ask.
We started the Foundation because it allows us to keep the funds we raise in our local community to benefit and provide educational opportunities for women, girls, and families.
To further explain, our local Chapter is a 501(c)4 organization, and donations to it are not tax deductible. The Chapter was raising money and doing charitable work; people wanted to donate to help with the charitable work we were doing in the local community, but their donations were not tax deductible. Our Chapter does political advocacy work and the Foundation does charitable work.
Among its activities are:
- Funded our first scholarship to an Oregon Coast Community College student
- Helped underwrite STEM activities for local girls, including Toledo Girls Wind Energy Team’s travel to New Orleans and Anaheim
- Donated to Guatemalan families’ food boxes
- Donated to Centro de Ayuda’s operating expenses
- Helped fund Central Coast Ceasefire’s ASK campaign and Newport’s Voluntary Gun Buy Back
- Co-sponsored, with Siletz Tribe Charitable Contribution Fund, the 2016 Earthquake Camp for middle school girls
- Assisted My Sisters’ Place domestic violence shelter
- Funded 2017 Women’s March keynote speaker and other speaker honorariums
- Helped underwrite KYAQ 91.7 FM – Lincoln County’s only public radio station
- Donated seed money to the Diversity Coalition of Lincoln County
As noted above, the Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, and your donation is tax-deductible.
Foundation email address: firstname.lastname@example.org